Views
Helpful
Replies

FTD inter-chassis cluster

kareali@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi
Good day to you I need your advice regarding FTD clustering in firepower 9300 let me explain what the customer is asking for

• We have two FP9300 chassis and every chassis has two FTD security module SM-44
• The customer want to deploy it as a cluster between the two chassis ( inter chassis clustering)
• I was looking for a document explains how the cluster will be implemented but I couldn’t find a one
• The FTD version will be 6.2.3
• The plan is to have one arm firewall includes inside and outside zone

The question is
• Regarding the FTD management should we have a dedicated physical interface for each security module ?
For example Eth1/8 for SM 1 and Eth1/7 for SM 2 ?
as I know the cluster takes one management interface for all security modules . and in the cluster configuration I should assign an ip address to each security module

• Regarding the data interfaces we will have Eth1/1 to Eth1/4 as data interface member of Portchannel 10
So is that means that the same physical interface is shared between the two security modules ? and no need to assig a different physical interface to each SM ?

I hope that you got my point 😊

1 Reply 1

Ilkin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Management interface is shared among the modules in a chassis, which means you only 1 management interface is required.
Same with data port-channel interface.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card