cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FTD SNMP v3 Not working !?

ida71
Level 1
Level 1

I have multiple FPR-2120 & 2140's managed by an FMC.

If I configure SNMP v2 it works great, but some are remote & thus need SNMP v3 due to access via the internet. If I configure SNMP v2 it works great, if I update to SNMP v3, it fails for no apparent reason. Not error messages, no log messages that I can find. Doing a capture shows the SNMP v3 requests arrive.  I've followed the setup & everything looks to be correct, but it just does not work.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Chris.

3 Replies 3

Vibesh Vidya
Level 1
Level 1
  1. Check the SNMP logs on the device to see if there are any error messages or indications of why the device isn't responding.
  2. Ensure that the SNMP agent on the device is properly configured to respond to SNMP v3 requests.
  3. Verify that the SNMP security settings, such as access control, are correctly configured on the device.
  4. Try disabling any anti-virus or firewall software temporarily to see if it's interfering with the SNMP traffic.
  5. Check for any firmware or software updates for the device that may resolve the issue.

ida71
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Vibesh,  Thanks for the response.

I have done the first 3 multiple times. The only oddity is that the target interface of the FTD is its OoB Management port. Cisco says this is supported, but it does NOT appear to work.

There is No AV in the path to disable, so not that.

Software is the latest v7.0.4 (Gold Star) on the FTD. I see that v7.0.5 is now the Goldstar, will look into that.

Regards

Chris.

ida71
Level 1
Level 1

Been a while, but got this working on v7.0.5 so looks like it was a "feature" issue

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card