cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FTD static nat question

Scott_22
Level 1
Level 1

There's a good chance I'm doing this wrong, but when I try to forward more than one port on my FTD box, it gives me the following error:

image.png

image.png

Here's the current rule in CLI:

nat (LAN-Side,ISP-Side) static interface service tcp ssh ssh

Any idea why it won't let me add another PAT entry?

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Make the services (ports) you want to allow part of a service group (via Object Management) and then use that group in the (single) NAT rule.

I attempted that by using the manual NAT entry, but continued having the same issue. See the error below after adding the object group.

image.png

You can do it with two rules. They should be Manual NAT ("NAT Rules Before") and not Auto NAT. The source port should be "any" since a client will use a random ephemeral port.

FTD Port Forward Multiple Ports with Manual NAT.PNG

Also remember to allow the traffic with an ACL. You can use the group for that to keep it simple.

Here's the running-config, the first two lines reflect your NAT use case:

> show running-config nat
nat (Outside-Home,Inside-Lab) source static any any destination static Outside_interfrace Jump_server service SVC_158913793770 SVC_158913793770
nat (Outside-Home,Inside-Lab) source static any any destination static Outside_interfrace Jump_server service SVC_158913793771 SVC_158913793771
nat (Inside-Lab,Outside-Home) source static Lab_net Lab_net destination static VPN_Pool VPN_Pool description NAT Exemption
nat (Inside-Lab,Outside-Home) source static Lab_net Lab_net destination static FTDv-2_DMZ FTDv-2_DMZ no-proxy-arp
nat (Outside-Home,Inside-Lab) source static Condo_net Condo_net destination static Lab_net Lab_net
!
object network Lab_net
 nat (Inside-Lab,Outside-Home) dynamic interface
> 

Thanks for your Marvin! I will give this a shot and let you know if it works.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card