cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FTD with FMC over IPSec

Peter P
Level 4
Level 4

I want to make sure I'm not missing an alternative to managing FTD with FMC over IPSec.

Currently my FTD installations at remote locations are anxiety-ridden. I'm fortunate in that I've been able to lab the FTD locally and deploy a config from our FMC before shipping the FTDs to the remote location. However, testing at the lab is not like for like. Bringing the FTD up a the remote location where it is dependent on it's configuration, including IPSec, to be accurate in order to reconnect to FMC is problematic. Mistakes in the config or last minute changes can cause significant delays.

On box management isn't an option for us. Are there alternatives I'm missing or is the method I described the only option? Are devs working on alternatives?

1 Reply 1

I've had similar issues or worries over remote deployments.  I've been able to connect the management interface to a public IP address in the cases where things did not go as planned. I still needed a third party on the other end to help facilitate these changes, but with a firewall cutover I have to imagine that's pretty standard.  Definitely following this thread to see how others deal with this issue or if there's something on the roadmap that we haven't seen yet.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card