cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FTD - wrong time in ACL Hit Count

FredrikW73
Level 1
Level 1

When I check hit counts from an ACL in our FTD-unit (via the FMC) the time stamps have incorrect values. 

Study the attached screen shot. Hit counts where fetched at 13:22:27 but the "last hit time" is 13:44:49 (i.e. approx 22 minutes into the future). 

The FTD-units get time information from the FMC and the FMC get time from our NTP-servers. 

FredrikW73_0-1685964612351.png

8 Replies 8

are FTD and FMC use different NTP, if so there is no sync in time 

tvotna
Spotlight
Spotlight

Which FTD version and hardware platform do you use? Also, what do you see in the "system support diagnostic-cli" / "show clock detail" output? Is this time correct / matches "date" output under FTD expert mode?

Hardware is FTD-2140 running software version 7.0.5

"show time" in the FTD CLI displays the correct time, also "date" in the expert mode/bash shell displays the correct time. 

In this case "last hit time" should be correct too. At least Lina running on FTD should report correct timestamp to FMC.

can you  refresh fetch and share the image here 

The difference is the same approx 22 minutes. The time displayed for fetching is correct and the time for last hit is wrong. 

FredrikW73_0-1686118355978.png

One other issue, the "Localtime" in the FTD is showing US time even though I have selected time zone Europe/Stockholm i the FMC. 

FredrikW73_0-1686129390772.png

FredrikW73_2-1686119074206.png

Did you solve the problem? We maybe have the same issue - time stamps in Hit Count are approx. 11 min. in future

No, we have not found any solution. I am just hoping that the next software update will solve the problem.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card