Views
Helpful
Replies

FWSM Active/Active Failover Logging

Andy Robinson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Does anyone know if during a failover syslog logs or SNMP alerts should be generated on individual FWSM contexts. I have looked through syslogs from the time a failover has occured and I have seen no mention of any failover. Our SNMP management software doesn't report anything either. At the time all contexts other than the admin context were configured for syslog. The admin context was only configured for SNMP, which has now been corrected. Until we see another failover event though I cannot confirm if this has made any difference.

The main driver for this is that in the event of a failover our NOC does not see a problem. They poll the devices via IP, so unless we were to physically lose a module we do not know a failover has occured as both the active and standby IP addresses are available.

Thanks

Andy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
4 Replies 4

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, syslog for failover will be generated from the admin context because failover configuration is actually configured on system context and system context information will be relayed via admin context.

Hi Jennifer, thank you for the response, I was having difficulty finding documentation to confirm if this was the case

Thanks again.

Andy

Thank you

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card