cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Get SFP SN on 5520?

ttpm12345
Level 1
Level 1

sh inventory displays the serial numbers of the chassis and mods but not the SFPs.

Sh activation-key detail displays the serial number of the chassis.

sh int displays the part number.

How do I display the serial number of an SFP?  I need this for inventory.  It's very easy in Brocade: 'sh media'.

thanks,

5 Replies 5

vkabler
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ttpm12345,

Can you provide the image release for your 5520?  This may impact the output of the show inventory command.

Best Regards,

Vicky

Thanks for your response Vicky. 

We are running 9.1(5)

Hi ttpm12345,

The ASA command reference indicates that the ASA 5500-X series may not display the serial number, but I have not been able to find this specifically documented for the ASA 5520.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa-command-reference/S/cmdref3.html

*  Are you using a Cisco brand SFP or 3rd party?

*  Do you know if the S/N information appears correctly when used in another device?

*  Have you tried the show module command?

Best Regards,

Vicky

Vicky,

I do not know if they are Cisco SFPs for sure.  We upgraded from an FWSM to the ASA and I moved the SFPs from the FWSM to introduce additional possible points of failure.  The FWSM SPFs were 'known good'.  I suspect they are Cisco but I will need a window to determine that for sure.  Is this code level only able to interrogate Cisco SFPs?

thanks

Hi ttpm12345,

According to the compatibility matrix linked below, the SSM-4GE for the ASA5520 supports the following transceivers:

GLC-SX-MM

GLC-LH-SM

GLC-SX-MMD

GLC-LH-SMD

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/interfaces_modules/transceiver_modules/compatibility/matrix/OL_6981.html#93397

I don't have documentation for that code level with regard to support for non-Cisco SFPs.

Best Regards,

Vicky

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card