cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting SCP to work in IOS on 3750G

RonaldNutter
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to get SCP to work from a Cisco switch to SolarWinds SCP Server.  I can see the user get authenticated but the switch reports "Permission Denied" when it tries to transfer the file.

I have verified the version of IOS that I am on doesnt have any SCP bugs on it that would explain the problem I am having (12.2.55.SE).

Here is the config I am using on the cisco switch -

archive
log config
  logging enable
  notify syslog contenttype plaintext
  hidekeys
  path scp://username:password@ip_address_scp/3750G-
  write-memory
time-period 1440

If I cant get this to work, I will have to get approval from Security to put up a FTP server which wont happen easily.

If anyone has gotten this to work, I would appreciate hearing how you got it to work.

Thanks,
Ron

2 Replies 2

Dan Frey
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ronald,

That looks like you do not have write permissions  of the username on the SCP server.

Dan

That's the way I would interpret the results I am getting.  I have verified the credentials on the SolarWinds SCP server and it has full rights.  Unfortunately, I have learned that the "Free" SCP server has NO support.  According to SW Support, there is no documentation on the production which pretty much means that there is no troubleshooting info to work with and that I am probably SOL.

Ron

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card