Views
Helpful
Replies

Got a new 5508 via RMA from Cisco. Need help activating License Features

ntwkdsnr123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

I received a new 5508 chassis from Cisco via an RMA for a failing unit.  I did the backup and restore via the CLI, seems all good.  How do I make sure the license features are the same?  On existing unit, AnyConnect Mobile and VPN are Enabled.  Also Encryption-3DES-AES is enabled but not on the new 5508 chassis.

Is it as easy as copying the existing activation-key from the existing 5508 to the new replacement 5508 in config mode?  Saving and then reloading?

Thanks, for the help. 

4 Replies 4

ntwkdsnr123
Level 1
Level 1

Forgot...Running software 9.6.2

Unfortunately it is not as easy as copying the activation key from the existing unit. The activation key is based on the serial number of the unit and so can not just be copied to the new unit. As part of the RMA Cisco should have generated licenses. If you do not have them then you should contact Cisco about the RMA case and request that they generate replacement licenses.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thank you Richard, 

I have opened a TAC case. The licensing portal doesn't seem to be working for me today.

Send an email to Cisco's Licensing Team and provide them the serial number of the faulty unit and the serial number of the replacement unit.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card