Views
Helpful
Replies

Guest wireless access on ASA-5505

Brendan Wood
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'll start this discussion off more generally, with my requirements, and if any supplimental information about my config is necessary, please let me know.

I would like to have 2 SSID's being broadcase on my access point.  Eg:  wood-corporate, and wood-guest.  Obviously wood-corporate will appear in the lan as if I was directly connected, and wood-guest will have full access to the internet only, and no access (unless permitted) to the internal lan.

My access point is a business class Dlink AP.  It can broadcast multiple SSID's and I think it can do VLAN tagging.

I'm not familiar with this kind of configuration, and I've never really used VLAN tagging before.

My ASA is a Cisco 5505, and yes I have the security Plus license on it, if that is needed.

Any help with this config would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brendan.

3 Replies 3

Maykol Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi;

All you have is a trunk to the ASA? How many interfaces does the Access point has?

If all you have is one interface, you may need to set the trunk to the ASA and pass both Vlans that you would use, after that, is an easy cake, just a couple of interface parameters and NAT.

Mike

Mike

I'm not sure what you mean about trunk to the ASA...

I've got the ASA connected to a switch, and on the switch,  I have this access point connected.

My AP is this: 

http://www.dlink.com/ca/en/business-solutions/wireless/access-points/access-points/dap-2553-wireless-n600-dual-band-poe-access-point

Ok so the main question would be, what you are asking about the ASA? What exactly do you need?

Mike

Mike
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card