cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HA pair of Virtual FTDs show orange circle between the two devices in FDM although HA seems stable?

I have two Virtual FTDs running on two ESXi hosts on test.  They were built using 6.4.  I updated them to 6.4.0.1 which wasn't without issue and I had to break the HA and reestablish it.  I put this down to me not following the steps correctly (I thought I did).  A few days ago I upgraded to 6.4.0.2 and followed the instructions to the letter and gave each FTD a LOT of time to reboot and stabilise.  When they were both updated the HA state went suspended and after several attempts to resume HA it did kick in.  However FDM shows an orange circle in the main screen in the HA section, if you hover over it the message 'Could not query the peer. Please check the failover link.'

ha.png

Failover seems to be working OK.  Show failover shows 'This host: Primary - Active,    Other host: Secondary - Standby Ready' and I have failed them over and it all seems to be working OK, it is just this message on FDM.

Any ideas why this is happening?

1 Reply 1

This still happens with 7.0.1.  The only way I can clear it is to reboot both of them at the same time.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card