Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with setting up Firepower Management Center Environment

Last thread was marked for spam for some reason, I removed the youtube link that I think caused it. Could you let me know if I am offending the guidelines?

I am trying to setup some Cisco products for the first time per my employer's request and am having trouble due to my lack of knowledge.

I was forwarded an email that contains a link to obtain an e-delivery to a PAK file for the Cisco Firepower Management Center Virtual Appliance. I mistakenly opened this link while signed into my personal cisco profile  that is not associated with a Cisco service / smart account. Now when I go to https://software.cisco.com and open traditional licensing for my account. Is the PAK stuck on being associated with my account only now? I  am working on getting a Cisco account that is tied to my organization right now, but when I do get one, am I able to open the email that contained the e-delivery PAK link and get key reregistered to a different Cisco account instead of my personal one? I didn’t actually convert the PAK to a license yet; I only opened the email that the reseller sent me that contains the PAK.

The PAK/Token for the FMC licenses shows up in my profile. It says that the status is unfulfilled and the licenses used are at “0” while there are 50000 available.

I don’t have access to another Cisco account that is tied to my organization right now, but when I do get one, am I able to open the email that contained the PAK and get the token reregistered to a different account instead of my personal one? I didn’t convert the PAK to a license yet; I only opened the email that the reseller sent me that contains the PAK. I looked up the instructions to license the FMC here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/610/configuration/guide/fpmc-config-guide-v61/licensing_firepower_system.html#id_79783

The FMC hasn’t been registered to the firepower threat defense devices yet. Is there a difference between using the License Registration Portal or the Cisco Smart Software Manager?

So assuming I received the proper Cisco Smart Account, I would sign in to the Smart Account and open the PAK file and convert it to a license? Would these be the general steps in setting up the two Cisco Firepower 2130s devices that are going to be managed by the FMC?

1. Deploy the FMC virtual appliance image in vSphere.

2. Under System in the FMC GUI, register the license with a generated token on my Cisco Smart Account 

3. Configure the two Cisco Firepower devices and point them to the FMC IP address

4. Register the two Firepower devices in FMC

I’m very new to the whole Cisco registration process and am completely lost and appreciate your time.

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The first thread is sufficient. Sometimes the community's automated content filter objects to multiple links in a message from a newer member.

Moving this thread to moderation for removal.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card