Views
Helpful
Replies

High CPU and Memory Utilization 100% load

nehat Sadriu
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

My company purchased a new IPS apliance 4510 and after initial setup i see that CPU and Memory load is 100%. The device is not in a production Network. Is this normal or there is a hardware problem? Appreciate any advise on this.

Regards

Nehat

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Nehat,

This is actually a normal behavior for an IPS sensor.

To measure the true load of an IPS sensor, you will want to monitor the 'Processing Load Percentage' of the analysis engine which handles all of the inspection processing for the sensor. 

You can review these statistics using the "show statistics analysis-engine" command.

Also, on sensor  running  version 7.0(7)E4 or 7.1(5)E4 (or later), you can check the Inspection Load Percentage value displayed by the 'show inspection-load' command instead.

Hope this answers your query.

Thulasi Shankar

View solution in original post

Dear Thulasi,

thank you very mych for the you reply and explonation

regards

Nehat.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

jocamare
Level 4
Level 4

So i have to updgrade to 7.1(5) ?

Hi Nehat,

This is actually a normal behavior for an IPS sensor.

To measure the true load of an IPS sensor, you will want to monitor the 'Processing Load Percentage' of the analysis engine which handles all of the inspection processing for the sensor. 

You can review these statistics using the "show statistics analysis-engine" command.

Also, on sensor  running  version 7.0(7)E4 or 7.1(5)E4 (or later), you can check the Inspection Load Percentage value displayed by the 'show inspection-load' command instead.

Hope this answers your query.

Thulasi Shankar

Dear Thulasi,

thank you very mych for the you reply and explonation

regards

Nehat.

Hi Nehat,

Glad to know that this is clearified now.

Please do mark this as answered.

Thanks and Regards,

Thulasi Shankar

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card