cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

High Cpu util due to syslog in PiX 515E 7.2(4)

vinod.mali
Level 1
Level 1

Guys

I am facing high cpu util  issue   80% in pix 515E with IOS 7.2(4).

When a syslog is enable for informational/warnings level traps the util goes to 80% where as other wise it is observed to be 36-37%.When i changed the trap level to alert the util seems to be normal, only the issue is when warning and info traps are configured, prior to the issue the same settings were working absolutely fine ,suddendly the util issue has occured.

attached is some command o/p for the reference.

Need your views/suggestions on this

3 Replies 3

anksachd
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Can you post the output of syslog servers configured in the firewall . if there are mutliple syslog servers , try to remove those which are not essential and also which are unreachable from the firewall (the logger thread is showing high in the output of show process) as multiple syslog servers certainly contribute in spiking up the cpu utilization . the output of show process is also showing disaptch unit showing high runtime .Dispatch unit is for traffic traversing across the firewall .In case of high cpu issues , there might be multiple parameters which we need to look into for , in order to find out the root cause   . this is just to start with , we might require some more outputs going forward

Hope it helps !

Ankur

Hi Ankur

Below is the syslog o/p

sh logging

Syslog logging: enabled

Facility: 20

Timestamp logging: disabled

Standby logging: disabled

Deny Conn when Queue Full: disabled

Console logging: disabled

Buffer logging: disabled

Trap logging: level informational, facility 20, 725171398 messages logged

Logging to inside 10.2.0.53

History logging: disabled

Device ID: disabled

Mail logging: disabled

ASDM logging: disabled

Hi

syslog output is not required ,output of syslog servers configured in the firewall is required  i.e show run logging

Ankur

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: