cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I ping between ASA subnets in a Site to Site VPN?

ShadowoftheD
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a site to site VPN between my HQ and a Remote site. Remote site has the ASA 5506 in it.

I really really want to be able to ping my remote site subnets from my HQ and vice versa. The problem is the only interface that can be pinged are those that are enabled with the management access command.

How do i enable it to make all interfaces be pingable via Site to Site VPN setup?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

By design you wont be able to ping remote site ASA interfaces that aren't configured as "management-access".

You can only get return traffic (icmp echo replies) if the traffic egresses the remote site ASA in the first place.

You should be able to ping hosts in those subnets however.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

By design you wont be able to ping remote site ASA interfaces that aren't configured as "management-access".

You can only get return traffic (icmp echo replies) if the traffic egresses the remote site ASA in the first place.

You should be able to ping hosts in those subnets however.

Yeah, it looks like it. I've been poring over documents and links and it seems like the behaviour of ASA.

Thanks!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card