cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do multiple AnyConnect profiles interact with each other?

guacamoley
Level 1
Level 1

Say I have two AnyConnect profiles, one with Automatic Server Selection off and the other with Automatic Server Selection on. If a user opens up AnyConnect, which configuration will be applied to their AnyConnect? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@guacamoley, correct. Profiles are sorted in lexicographical order and then applied, so global setting in profile 1 can override global settings in profile 2. There is an internal doc bug on this, but I don't believe documentation has ever been fixed:

CSCtd37209 DOC: Document Profile selection process

When you choose profile connection entry (<HostEntry>) all settings from the corresponding profile are applied, but you're correct that it can be too late for settings which are completely global.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

depends on the which one you launching, and what xml file it picking up.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Well these configurations affect the client even prior to authenticating to the group-policy. Like my example "Automatic Server Selection", or "Manual Host Input" are configurations that affect the client itself. 

as per i know you can not have 2 profiles in same folder (as i remember)

if the user input to connect - that is take precedence. than automatic.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

You can have as many profiles in the same folder as you want. 

@guacamoley, correct. Profiles are sorted in lexicographical order and then applied, so global setting in profile 1 can override global settings in profile 2. There is an internal doc bug on this, but I don't believe documentation has ever been fixed:

CSCtd37209 DOC: Document Profile selection process

When you choose profile connection entry (<HostEntry>) all settings from the corresponding profile are applied, but you're correct that it can be too late for settings which are completely global.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card