cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How many users/systems supported on ASA 5506-X with Firepower ?

Can anyone tell me how many users/systems supported on ASA 5506-X with Firepower module?

Also can tell anyone me on what basis how many users are supported on the particular firewall is determined?

Please explain anyone

Thanks in advance!

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

In terms of ASA , it should consider as what speed it required to support in the network. like sessions example.

if you were asking how many any connect users - based on the License and also datasheet has how many maximum users it  can support

please kindly have a look.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/asa-5500-series-next-generation-firewalls/datasheet-c78-733916.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

No I am not asking about Any connect VPN users, I am asking about if I am having let say 50 users/systems in th e LAN which will be connecting to ASA for internet and other policies (Web filter, app, IPS stc.).

So in this sense how many users/Systems can be supported on ASA 5506-X model?

ASA 5506 does not have a limit on the number of internal users. The older ASA 5505 used to have this and a premium license was required to go from 10 (default) to 50 users.

If you're buying a new firewall the Firepower 1010 would be a much better choice. The 5506 is nearly at the end of its sales life and already cannot run the newer Firepower software versions.

Ok So you mean to say no matter what the number of users are connected in LAN it will not make any impact on ASA 5506 or ASA 1010 performance?

No of course I don't mean that - anything that generates traffic through a device can potentially impact it. More traffic make the device work harder and eventually it hits the limit of the hardware.

What I am saying is that there is no licensing limit. Whether you have 10, 100 or 100 users it will continue to work. However when they collectively present more load than the device is physically capable of the throughput will be limited. Also, you do have a limit of the number of remote access VPN users. This (and the device throughput) is documented clearly in the product data sheet.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card