cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how show running configuration or startup configuration....

gogi99
Level 1
Level 1

my company is used the asa 5510 firewall, but the company is bought the firepower 1120. i can configuring this device with the device manager and the cli. i need help, on the asa 5510 i can show running configuration from the cli, but in the firepower 1120 i don't know where i can find current configuration? who i configure interface from the cli etc.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@gogi99 Just press tab to complete the command or type the full command, you cannot on FTD just abbreviate the command like you have above.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

@gogi99 the Firepower 1120 hardware can run the ASA or FTD software images. The ASA software image is the same as your old 5510, but I assume you are using the FTD image? If so the configuration has to be performed via the GUI, here are some guides to help you.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/quick_start/fp1100/firepower-1100-gsg/ftd-fmc.html

https://integratingit.wordpress.com/2020/02/08/ftd-configuration-using-fdm/

yes, i use FTD image. the configuring of the firepower is doing via GUI, but the cli?how show current configuration of the firepower in the cli?

You can still connect to the FTD CLI via SSH or console, from there you can run the traditional ASA "show" commands, you just cannot configure the FTD from the CLI. If you run "show run" command it will display some of the basic configuration, such as interfaces, NAT, routing, some ACLs, but it will not show you the entire configuration. You need to use the GUI.

sh run.jpg

i receive error

@gogi99 Just press tab to complete the command or type the full command, you cannot on FTD just abbreviate the command like you have above.

yes, this device is configured. the softver version is current version 6.6.1-91

Zaaf Aba
Level 1
Level 1

Adding reply for wider community's benefit

ASA hardware runs traditional ASA image and can also run FTD image (with some limitation/difference in installation process on low/midrange models)
Firepower hardware can run ASA image or unified FTD image (Where unified FTD image/code combines ASA and Firepower code into a single image)

The prompt you have is 

>

which is also FTD default prompt, (FTD prompt > is different from ASA's > prompt. On FTD > prompt you can not type enable )
From here user can either go to
1- ASA console prompt (after typing without single quotes 'system support diagnostic-cli' and hitting enter)
or
2- Firepower console prompt (after typing without single quotes 'expert' and hitting enter)

ASA console prompt will be same as traditional ASA prompt either > or # . User can run Cisco commands e.g show version, show running-config
Firepower prompt will be like NAME-OF-FW:~$ which is a FTD Linux shell. User can run Linux commands e.g tail, cat

Hope this helps.

Thanks

gljubic
Level 1
Level 1

one more question, how i go to in mode that i can configure my firepower? in the asa when i type enable, i type command conf t and i can configure the asa, how i can configure my the firepower?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card