cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How stable is FTD version 7.3

Eric R. Jones
Level 4
Level 4

Hello all, we are currently on FTD version 7.1.0.1 and looking to upgrade to 7.2 or 7.3. A few months ago I had been reading that 7.3 had some issues with unintended restarts, configuration issues, reduced number of objects that could be held in a single object group. Has anyone experienced these or other issues when upgrading to 7.3 from any of the other 7.X versions?

We are not in a rush, at this time, to upgrade. Nothing on the radar as far as IAVA/IVAM to address.

ej

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

7.1.x and 7.3.x are both short term releases. As such, they should generally only be considered when you require specific features they alone introduce. The current suggested release is 7.0.5 and most likely the next release of 7.2 (7.2.4 ca April/May) will also get the Gold Star designating it as suggested.

In general, I'd be conservative with rushing out to adopt new firewall and FMC releases unless you are encountering a specific bug, vulnerability or require features only available on newer releases. In your case, I would most likely advise waiting for 7.2.4 absent any additional information about your specific needs.

Thank you for the information. I'll review 7.2 and see if it's worth the effort.

ej

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: