cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to add numerous entries in network group object in FMC?

Irakli G.
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone

I have FMC 6.6.5 version, and I need to add about 300 entries(Host and Network) in network group object. How to automatize adding proccess? or can I add multiple entries at a time?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@Irakli G. if using 6.6 you cannot import objects in bulk from the FMC, that feature was only introduced in 6.7. Perhaps use RestAPI and a python script to import the objects in bulk from a CSV file? Or upgrade the FMC, ideally to the Cisco recommended version 7.2.4.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

@Irakli G. if using 6.6 you cannot import objects in bulk from the FMC, that feature was only introduced in 6.7. Perhaps use RestAPI and a python script to import the objects in bulk from a CSV file? Or upgrade the FMC, ideally to the Cisco recommended version 7.2.4.

can I add multiple entries at a time?

You can add multi subnet and host under same network object.

As @Rob Ingram mentioned, the objects bulk import was added starting from version 6.7. Also, I just want to share that I personally witnessed some issues with the object groups specifically on version 6.6.5 that were not showing properly, so even if you can build up your objects manually, I would recommend to upgrade to the latest suggested release.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card