Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

How to capture Login Banner details in FTD CLI

I have a requirement of capturing the login banner details which is one of the requirements of the baseline compliance i am working on. I configured a custom pre-login banner from FMC GUI successfully and I am able to see the custom banner but if I try to look for the banner configuration in FTD CLI by running commands like "show running-config banner login", "show banner login", "show running-config | grep banner" but I cannot find the banner details in FTD CLI, any idea around it how to capture this information via command line?
Everyone's tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Re: How to capture Login Banner details in FTD CLI

What hardware model are you using? In the new Firepower appliances, the banners are stored and managed in FXOS. For instance, if you are running Firepower 1K/2K, you can obtain the banner by:

Connecting to the console port (Or ssh to the device and then issue "connect fxos") > Scope security > Scope banner > show pre-login-banner

I hope this helps!

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Highlighted
Beginner

Hi @nspasov,

Thank you for the quick response. I have an ASA Series device so  I am unable to run connect command from FTD CLI. Below are the details for my VM :
Model: Cisco Firepower Threat Defense for VMWare (75) Version 6.2.3 (Build 20)

Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Software Version 9.9(1)52
Firepower Extensible Operating System Version 2.3(1.54)

Hardware: ASAv, 8192 MB RAM, CPU Xeon E5 series 2197 MHz, 1 CPU (4 cores)
Model Id: ASAv30
Any advice on how to capture the banner details from the FTD CLI in this case?

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Hmm, sorry but I don't have an ASA appliance to test this with...perhaps someone else can chime in here...

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Hall of Fame Guru

What are you running exactly? If it's a VM, it must be either an ASAv or an FTDv.

Highlighted

Thank you!

Can you also share the steps to configure Login Banner message in FTD CLI.