Views
Helpful
Replies

How to copy troubleshooting file from SFR module to send to SCP server

Translator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone,

I am facing some difficult to copy troubleshooting file from sfr module and send to scp server through CLI. Using the statement below dos not works for me.

> System file secure-copy

This statement I found on cisco documentation.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/sourcefire-defense-center/117663-technote-SourceFire-00.html#anc4

This produre is not very clear for me.

We are using Cisco ASA 5516-X with FirePOWER Services in our production environment.

Someone can help, please?

Thanks in advance!

3 Replies 3

Translator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @sbernardo1! Thank you for sharing your question with the Community. Feel free to publish in Portuguese here too.

Att

Gabriela

Community Manager

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

FMC allows you to download generated troubleshooting files from the completed tasks message as shown in the document whose URL you shared.

The file secure-copy command is for FXOS and not applicable to an ASA Firepower service module.

You can alternately login to the module cli and go into expert mode. Switch users to supersuer (root - i.e. "sudo su -") and then you can browse to troubleshooting files folder and use Linux scp commands to copy the file out to a remote server.

Generally, troubleshooting files are only used by Cisco TAC. They will usually provide a script you can run to generate and directly upload the troubleshooting file directly from the module to your case.

Translator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, Marvin Rhoads.

Thanks for reply. The file secure-copy is shown on cisco documentation as applied to FTD devices as you can see again, but I will try our suggestions. 

Thank you so much.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card