cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to find FireSight patch version

tato386
Level 6
Level 6

I installed FS VMware edition 6.2.0 and then the 6.2.0.1-10 hotfix.  The task completed successfully and I have the option of un-installing the patch.  However, system version still shows 6.2.0.  Is there a way to confirm what patch level I am at?

Thanks,

Diego

11 Replies 11

syeda3
Level 1
Level 1

Please see the below url for more information

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/620/relnotes/Firepower_System_Release_Notes_Version_620_Hotfix_A.html

Hope to help.

Help/About showed V6.2.0 before the hotfix and it still shows the same version after the hotfix install.  I am just trying to find where I can confirm that I am at version 6.2.0.1-10

Model   Cisco Firepower Management Center for VMWare
Serial Number  None
Software Version 6.2.0 (build 362)
OS   Cisco Fire Linux OS 6.2.0 (build42)
Snort Version  2.9.10 GRE (Build 43)
Rule Update Version 2016-03-28-001-vrt
Rulepack Version 1680
Module Pack Version 1931
Geolocation Update Version 2017-02-13-002
VDB Version  build 271 ( 2016-07-13 19:21:54 )

Diego,

As there could be multiple hotfixes at a moment on the same verison, the actual version of the system is not changed. It remains the same.

The hotfixes doesn't change the version. Nor are named like you described. There's no such thing as: 6.2.0.1-10. This version number is when the real fix will be released. Real 6.1.0.1 will contain a lot more fixed than a hotfix.

Yes, it is named like that.

Cisco Network Sensor Hotfix A version: 6.2.0.1-10

Cisco_Network_Sensor_Hotfix_A-6.2.0.1-10.sh

No one is referring to 6.1.0.1

I guess it is what it is, but I am a little disappointed that the developers overlooked this very helpful detail.  It would be nice if under Help/About we could see something like:

V6.2.0 (Hotfix A) or something similar.  Or maybe a screen with "List of Patches/Hotfixes installed", etc.

Thanks to all who tried to help.

Diego 

Diego,

You can open a TAC case and make a enhancement request to have such screen on the product.

Diego,

I agree it's an oversight in the GUI. The best you can do there is to search for the successful installation task in the audit log. For example:

https://<your FirePOWER Mgmt Center>/events/?table=audit_log&constraints=message%3DHotfix&workflow=Audit%20Log&page=0

There is a bit of a hack you can do from the cli. Try the following command:

rpm -qa --last

That will give you in descending order the most recent hotfixes, patches and upgrades installed on your FirePOWER Management Center.

Marvin, you're right, that is the correct answer :)

However, is not something that an user should issue for finding that out :)

ccismaru  ,

Ha ha - perhaps. But it is embedded among the various commands the system runs when a user generate a troubleshooting file. The TAC technote here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/sourcefire-defense-center/117663-technote-SourceFire-00.html

..provides the instruction to generate the file from the GUI. One can then unzip the archive and see the set of commands used.

I figure rather than run the whole set of time-consuming commands and unpacking the file and searching for that one needle that it's easier to just pull it out and share.

Unless I'm mis-reading then perhaps not always entirely accurate?

admin@xggc-mgmt-45:~$ rpm -qa --last
Sourcefire_3D_Defense_Center_S3_Hotfix_AI-6.1.0.2-3 Fri Feb 17 18:54:25 2017

but from the audit log on the GUI:

Fatal task failure : Installing Sourcefire 3D Defense Center S3 Hotfix AI version: 6.1.0.2-3

Does this also show "Sourcefire Vulnerability And Fingerprint Database Updates?" Is there a way to see which of those have already been installed?

rpm -qa --last
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card