cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to get back into CLI initial set up wizard on firePower

Waterbird
Level 1
Level 1

I am using session sfr command to open the firepower CLI, but don't see an option for restarting the CLI wizard.

I have an ASA 5506-X with firepower and want to get into initial configuration wizard within Firepower module's command line. 

I already went through this Wizard once before, but made mistakes in the answers I gave to the wizard questions.  I want to start over and reconfigure. 

Is there a way to get back into the firepower CLI Wizard once you have gone through it, without having to recover the firepower module?  

And where can I find a guide or basic primer for ASA with firepower CLI configuration, as opposed to ASDM GUI configuration?  I have found guidance on ASDM but not anything on how to use this firepower CLI.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

phil.hydea
Level 1
Level 1
Within the Firepower CLI you can run commands:

Set IP address

Configure network ipv4 delete
Configure network ipv4 manual

You can use the configure network command to also configure other bits.

If you also want to configure manager registration for FMC:

Configure manager delete
Configure manager add

Thanks.  Sounds like there is no way to get back into the Wizard.  I'll try to manual configure as you suggested.  It would be helpful to have a primer though as I'm unfamiliar with this CLI environment.  

I have a crossover cable connecting the first inside interface to the Management interface.  

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to configure or why, what ip addresses to use and why, etc.  A tutorial on CLI initial set up would be helpful.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card