cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IDSM-2 Redundancy

Muhammad.Sajid
Level 1
Level 1

How redundancy can be achieved with IDSM-2 blades installed in one or more switches. I have looked at the Cisco documents but could not find much on IDSM-2 redundancy features.

3 Replies 3

nkhawaja
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In the switch configuration when you are defining to send traffic to one IDSM port(s), you can define it to send to multiple IDSMs, should nt it be the case?

See this link

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/csids/csids10/hwguide/hwclipr.htm#wp89595

there may be limitations when using SPAN.

thanks

Nadeem

Thanks Nadeem.

Is the other IDSM required to be in the same Switch or it can be in other switch. What I am trying to understand is various level of redundancies that can be achieved with IDSM-2. In case if I have Switch A and B at one site for the purpose of redundancy (but traffic may flow from either), how can I achieve redundancy in IDSM2 by installing one in each switch while minimizing the duplicacy.

Is there a Cisco document that discusses various deployment scenarios of IDSM2 in CAT routers.

Thanks.

the other IDSM can be in the same switch or can be in the other switch. as long as both the switches are seeing the exact same traffic, you have the redundancy.

i dont thin there is any document but you should concentrate on switches , like port spanning, remote span etc , like how traffic from one switch can be spanned to another switch

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card