cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IDSM-2 Upgrade procedure (network interface query)

Udupikrishna091
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys,

I am planning to upgrade IDSM-2  software on a 6500 chassis to the latest Software version, but I am confused in one thing if I am connecting my console directly to the Sup engine and log in into the IDSM, which interface can I use to push the image file while I am in Maintenance partition for upgarde. Cause I cannot take any kind of telnet session, I wil have to connect my laptop's network interface directly to the switch, unsure through which interface will I be able to use for this purpose, any help would be appreciated.

Thnx

Krishna

3 Replies 3

Rudy Sanjoko
Level 4
Level 4

Which IOS type that you are using on the supervisor? catos or ios? The commands will differ between those two types. Upgrading IDSM is similar to upgrading other service module (FWM). Basically you can use the supervisor interface to transfer the file to the IDSM. Below you can find the procedure on how to reimage the application image from the maintenance partition:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2706/products_configuration_example09186a00800a3d42.shtml#newreimage

Hi Rudy,

Well I do know this procedure, but my only doubt is that is there any specific configuration which is supposed to be done to the Supervisor interface, if we make sure the IDSM and external pc or laptop is in the same network, will the IDSM start communicating to FTP service??? or some IP has to be assigned to the Sup interface.

Thnx

Krishna

According to my experience, you do need to configure IP on the sup's interface, it needs to be on the same subnet with your PC and IDSM, after that you can test the connection with ping from IDSM before transfering the file.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card