Views
Helpful
Replies

Import json file to FMC

jhnet
Level 1
Level 1

Hey everyone,

I am trying to import a json file that we obtained from Okta to list all their IPs into our FMCs and see if we can group them into an object. The json lists over 2,000 IPs that supposedly we need to whitelist. Is there a way to import the json into FMC 7.3?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you have the IPs in a csv file then you can import them from there directly into the FMC. The format is NAME,DESCRIPTION,TYPE,VALUE,LOOKUP.

Sample data :
Object_1,inside edge host,Host,172.44.55.66,
Object_2,dns host range,Range,2.2.2.3-2.2.2.9,
Object_3,,FQDN,12,

The above is taken straight out of the FMC.

If this is not an option, then you would need to use API calls to import the objects.  Depending on if you want to import these as individual object and then associate them with the object group, or if you just want to add them as "literals" into an object group.  If you want to create objects for each entry, then this must be done first before adding them to the object group.  Literals can be added without needing to be created first.

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ccieexpert
Spotlight
Spotlight

You can convert easily using chatgpt from json to txt..  i did it for you.. just delete the headers..

**please rate as helpful or solution**  if you using a a whitelist, jump import into FMC..

If you have the IPs in a csv file then you can import them from there directly into the FMC. The format is NAME,DESCRIPTION,TYPE,VALUE,LOOKUP.

Sample data :
Object_1,inside edge host,Host,172.44.55.66,
Object_2,dns host range,Range,2.2.2.3-2.2.2.9,
Object_3,,FQDN,12,

The above is taken straight out of the FMC.

If this is not an option, then you would need to use API calls to import the objects.  Depending on if you want to import these as individual object and then associate them with the object group, or if you just want to add them as "literals" into an object group.  If you want to create objects for each entry, then this must be done first before adding them to the object group.  Literals can be added without needing to be created first.

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

This is the method I ended up using and just had to nest IPs into multiple groups then added to our primary group. That solved my issue.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card