cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Install Cisco Secure Endpoint without VPN disconnect?

bickler
Level 1
Level 1

In the past I've used the separate installers for AMP, Anyconnect VPN, Umbrella, etc. Now that we have the new unified Cisco Secure Endpoint installer, I can update user's machines tp the new versions via SCCM and the setup.exe file with the --quiet command line switch. This properly removes the old versions and installs the new versions. "Cisco Anyconnect VPN" is removed and "Cisco Secure Client AnyConnect VPN" replaces it. 

The issue I have, is this (understandably) disconnects the active VPN connection for the user, which could be disruptive. Is there a command line switch or other method to use in this case to tell the installer to wait until VPN is disconnected to proceed, or to just not run at all if VPN is active?

2 Replies 2

bickler
Level 1
Level 1

Those do not help much. The 2nd link talks about the installer I am using. When I deploy the SecureX client with the --quiet command line switch, it does successfully install everything, but during that process it will disconnect any currently active VPN connection since it's basically uninstalling the old service before installing the newly named updated version.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card