cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS content filtering on SR-520

davestar5
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I hope you can help me with this, I have a Cisco SR-520 router which I am trying to configure and install the IOS content filter. I have read many of the documents on this but some of the lines do not work, from using the pages below

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8028

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/iosswrel/ps6537/ps6586/ps6643/white_paper_c89-492776.html

you are supposed to enter parameter maps as follows:-

parameter-map type trend-global global-param-map

server trps.trendmicro.com

cache-size maximum-memory 256

cache-entry-lifetime 1

these entries just do not work on the SR-520, you recieve this

#parameter-map type trend-global global-param-map
                                ^
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

Also you receive the following when attempting to check the subscription status:-

router#show ip trm subscription status
                       ^
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

The router has 12.4 (20) T4, which is supposed to be supported, the only other way of configuring is using CCP which is not compatible with SR-520's you recieve hardware not supported message's.

Any help greatfully appreciated, or if anyone has acutally got this to work i would love to see the config section!!!!

Dave

5 Replies 5

Panos Kampanakis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you check your image? Is it Advanced IP Services or Advanced Security?

PK

The System image file is "flash:sr520-advipservicesk9-mz.124-20.T4.bin"

Many thanks

Dave

I have just run into the same issue with an IOS version 12.4(20)T5-Adv-IP-Serv-Crypto ... it looks like "trm" command is not valid there?

Any help appreciated, Albin.

jubetz
Level 1
Level 1

You need 12.4(24)T or later for that platform. Upgrade and you'll be g2g.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thank you for clarification.

These are three SR-520 routers with IOS Content Filter Subscriptions that were donated by Cisco to a non-profit organisation via TechSoup Canada ... hence no service contract.

Should there be another way of getting upgraded firmware, please bring it to my attention.

Thank you again, Albin.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card