Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

Enabling our customers to leverage their install base and take them to the next level with Cisco Secure Firewall Threat Defense has always been a key priority.  The migration tool is available for download to migrate the configuration on the on-premi...

gopaks by Cisco Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 4 Helpful votes

I want to know if exists some mechanism to lock configuration in Cisco ASA (cli and asdm). Is frequent that when i try to apply ASDM configuration others have configured somethink and the work is lost. In IOS is possible to lock the configuration, an...

jotero by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have not worked with ASDM in a while. I have a 5510, with asdm-645.bin in the flash. The device runs version 8.4(2).  I can download ASDM from the http interface of the firewall from the management interface. But I can not log in. I have used blank...

sansari by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! ASA 8.3/4 NAT help

Hi Forum,I'm having a cow of a time trying to implement a NAT configuration after having upgraded our ASA5510 recently from IOS 8.2 to 8.4. The upgrade went fine, however we now have a need to add a new NAT rule and I'm not sure whether it's possible...

rscho by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Retired signatures

Hello,How does the IPS Signature Development Team determine when a signature is obsolete? Is there ever a reason to un-retire a signature which has been set as Retired through the application of a signature update package?

hey gents, I know this has been asked many many times I just wanted to verify the below config should work before I set it on our prod FW I am trying to allow SSH (TCP) access to an internal IP (10.0.0.170) via a spare Public IP (203.0.89.89) heres w...

Hi all!I have a ASA 5505 that I test with which originally came with the Security Plus license. I recently erased flash and loaded the latest asa841-k8.bin version of IOS along with asdm-642.bin. Everything booted fine and came up as it does when fre...

Ken D by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,* We have two ASA 5505's setup in transparent mode in a failover state* We are having a problem with traffic bettwen the firewall and our datacenters internet backbone* The problem seems to be a drop in packets / packet data (25% loss on 1,000 1Kb...

Hi,If we are having 8.2 code running on the 5520 ASA in active / failover mode. Do we need duplicate licenses for failover appliances also for VPN,SSL etc?If we have 8.3 code then what is the licensing difference.ThanksSubodh

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card