cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

iPS 5.0 and time change

cjuba
Level 1
Level 1

Were any IPS adversely affected by the time change?

8 Replies 8

jstinson
Level 1
Level 1

I loaded the Service Pkg 5.0.5 on the night of the 28th. The IDS Device rebooted and showed the update as applied in the GUI device Systen Screen. Traffic was flowing through the inline device. Today, I cannot access the GUI screen.

Yep, I'd like to say big thank you to Cisco for waiting 364 days in order to fix this problem.

We updated all our 5.x sensors in emergency mode last Friday but they still went down (all of them) at the same time last Sunday (I guess it was an idea of Service Pack to postpone the failure for few hours).

Guess we need to pay 20% premium support for another 364 days to test another, potentially useless service pack...

Same results here. Install patch, reboot, crash after time change anyway.

17 out of 28 sensors unresponsive. pathetic.

I like to thanks cisco for making me work on saturday morning to install patch that did not even work when time changed. I still could not get access to my IDS sensors on monday. I think cisco is becoming like microsoft :)...

g.froehlich
Level 1
Level 1

My machines are down. No port open, no connection. Unfortanetly no serial console connected. Any ideas how to get the ips (version 5.x) running?

One is the standalone appliance 4240, to other are the IDSM-2 Modules for catalyst.

Thanks in advance!

Ecaroh

I can't comment on the IDSM-2 module, but for the 4240...

If the machine is really down...physical access is required. You can't even connect via SSH to the sensors? If you can SSH to them, and have created a 'service' account...then rebooting them remotely is easy. If you haven't created a 'service' account, I believe you will need physical access.

Matt

on either model sensor, if you have a service acct:

- run: /etc/init.d/cids reboot

if you do not have service acct on the idsm2:

- en

- show mod (look for idsm in list)

- reset

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card