cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPS Cisco 887M-K9 on reload breaks ATM interface?

Hi Guys,

I have recently started investigating IPS for deploying to our clients, however for one of our clients we deployed to a simple routine reload killed the router...

I managed to go onsite and get it working, however I noticed that when "ip ips iosips in" was enabled on the "Dialer1" interface the ATM0 interface would not initialise and connect...

I also noticed when reloading a router with IPS enabled the router takes a extra 2minutes to start due to recompiling the signatures, is there anyway to speed this up or divert CPU to other areas?

PS. Dialer1 is the only interface that has IPS enabled, so when disabled IPS disables completely

1 Reply 1

praprama
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Matt,

> I also noticed when reloading a router with IPS enabled the router takes  a extra 2minutes to start due to recompiling the signatures, is there  anyway to speed this up or divert CPU to other areas?

Unfortunately nothing much can be done about that. IOSIPS does take up a lot CPU when compiling the signatures, especially on the 800 series routers.

About the ATM interface not initializing, it does seem interesting. I am not much of an expert in that area so it might be better you get this investigated by opening a TAC case or at least opening a simultaneous discussion in the appropriate community.

Regards,

Prapanch

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card