Views
Helpful
Replies

IPS IDM-HTTPS

learnsec
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

iam trying to login to my IPS but i am failing. i am not getting any error.

i open the usual way through IDM but i got no index of success or failure.

it just opens, i enter credentials and i got nothing. i tried through ASDM same issue,

i tried through HTTPS, when i press IDM i got nothing.

i tried from my laptop i can still access the IPS, but from my PC it stopped Suddenly.

i dont know what changed, is there any java version compliance?

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

lcambron
Level 3
Level 3

Could be a JAVA issue, check the version you have on your PC and compare it to the Laptop, there are some issues with JAVA 7.

Regards,

Felipe.

View solution in original post

Hi Icambron,

What would you suggest to those users who dont have active IPS license with Cisco? With the current zero day Java vulnerabilities surfacing every week, I strongly feel Cisco should move away from Java.

People are stuck with old Java version because of old IPS software. Do you suggest any alternative for such people?

Regards

A conventional response to a requirement for downlevel software such as java is to isolate it in a virtual machine, which then isn't used for general purposes.  Do the real internet stuff from a fully patched host (or guest), and the management stuff from an unpatched dedicated guest.

-- Jim Leinweber, WI state lab of Hygiene

7 Replies 7

Have you tried to reboot your IPS? From time to time things like these just happen ...

-- 
Don't stop after you've improved your network! Improve the world by lending money to the working poor:
http://www.kiva.org/invitedby/karsteni

lcambron
Level 3
Level 3

Could be a JAVA issue, check the version you have on your PC and compare it to the Laptop, there are some issues with JAVA 7.

Regards,

Felipe.

yes the difference is JAVA 7!!!

so what should i do? i need Java 7 for another application to run and i cannot downgrade it back!!

please advise,

regards

Probably you are not running the latest IPS version.

Try upgrading to latest version using the machine that has access to it.

Regards,

Felipe.

Hi Icambron,

What would you suggest to those users who dont have active IPS license with Cisco? With the current zero day Java vulnerabilities surfacing every week, I strongly feel Cisco should move away from Java.

People are stuck with old Java version because of old IPS software. Do you suggest any alternative for such people?

Regards

A conventional response to a requirement for downlevel software such as java is to isolate it in a virtual machine, which then isn't used for general purposes.  Do the real internet stuff from a fully patched host (or guest), and the management stuff from an unpatched dedicated guest.

-- Jim Leinweber, WI state lab of Hygiene

This is exactly what I am doing. But it's time consuming. Anyways seems like there is no easy fix for this.

Regards

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card