cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IS "ASA on Firepower-2100 series" FX-OS based or ASA based?

wonsy86
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I'm trying to deal with "FN - 72103" (Field Notice: FN - 72103 - ASA, FXOS and Firepower Software: QuoVadis Root CA 2 Decommission Might Affect Smart Licensing, Smart Call Home, And Other Functionality - Software Upgrade Recommended - Cisco)

According to URL above,

the workaround is different depending on whether the device is FX-OS based or ASA based.

My customer's device is firepower2130 and using ASA software.

I'm confused whether it is FX-OS based or ASA based because it's not FPR-4000 or 9000 series.

Can anyone give me advice?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There are both ASA and FX-OS code running on the appliance but the ASA section of the instructions are relevant in the case you describe. The ASA software is what's required to register with the Cisco licensing servers.

If you are running in platform mode (non-default) you may optionally choose to register the chassis with smart licensing in which case you would follow the FX-OS instructions. That would be an unusual use case though.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

if the device is re-imaged with ASA - you need to for the fix in ASA (depends on the ASA code you running and mode)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks a lot for your help.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There are both ASA and FX-OS code running on the appliance but the ASA section of the instructions are relevant in the case you describe. The ASA software is what's required to register with the Cisco licensing servers.

If you are running in platform mode (non-default) you may optionally choose to register the chassis with smart licensing in which case you would follow the FX-OS instructions. That would be an unusual use case though.

Thanks for the answer!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card