Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE LICENCING

bluesea2010
Level 5
Level 5

Hi, 

What is the difference between ISE-W-3YR-1K  between L-ISE-W-S-1K .

And what is the differnce between base ,apex and plus 

Thanks

8 Replies 8

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

L-ISE-W-S-1K is the top level line item for ordering 1000 ISE Wireless licenses. ISE-W-3YR-1K is the 3 year subscription for that license. It is alternatively available in 1- or 5-year terms.

The licensing levels are explained in detail in the Admin Guide. Here is a link to the relevant section.

Hi, 

Functionality-based licensing: ● The Base license is intended for organizations that want to authenticate and authorize users and devices on their network (wired, wireless, and VPN). Base licenses include support for AAA services, guest lifecycle management, compliance reporting, and end-to-end monitoring and troubleshooting. The Base license is a perpetual license. 

if i have base licence 

Table 8-1 Cisco ISE License Packages

License Package
Perpetual or Subscription
ISE Functionality Covered
Notes

Base

Perpetual

• Basic network access: AAA, IEEE-802.1X
  • Guest management
  • Link encryption (MACSec)
  •  

If i have base license  ,  can i use it for wired  dot1x authentication ?

Thanks

Thanks 

If it is truly a Base license then yes you can use it for wired dot1x authentication.

If you only buy the Mobility / Wireless license then no - those can only be used for wireless client services.

Hi ,

Thanks . you mean there is  Base license for wireless and Base license for  Wired ? 

Thanks again

A Base license is a Base license for all client types - wired and wireless client alike.

I was only mentioning that because you initially asked about Wireless license SKUs.

The Mobility / Wireless licenses are a special type that include all the features of Base, Plus and Apex licenses but ONLY for wireless clients.

Hi , 

My license shows 

base ,apex  and plus  . (ISE-W-3YR-1K) 

i am eligible to use wired dot1x Authentication

No.

The Mobility / Wireless licenses are a special type that include all the features of Base, Plus and Apex licenses but ONLY for wireless clients.

Hi Marvin 

Thank you for your reply. you are always great help . 

Below is my findings 

if we purchase wireless license  we can use only for wireless device , even it has base and apex or plus  .
There are 4 type of license 
Base  : perpetual 
Advanced : subscription/Time based 
Wireless : subscription/Time based 
wireless upgrade : subscription/Time based 
Correct me if i am wrong 

Thanks million 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card