Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE

he customer needs to authenticate and authorize guest users and employees through wireless by using ISE where:

1. Authenticate guest and the permission is accessing the internet.
2. Authenticate employees by using integration between ISE and active directory and check antivirus, OS updates and etc
3. Integration with SMS gateway.

My Q. is, which license should be installed on ISE ?

I'm waiting for your support ASAP.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Posture check (your second requirement) requires the Apex license.

The other requirements can be met with Base licensing.

So you need Base licenses equal to (or greater than) the total number of anticipated active sessions. Add onto that Apex licenses equal to (or greater than) the total number of employees sessions that may be active at a given time.

If you're doing profiling, device registration for BYOD, pxGrid or Endpoint Protection Services you would also need Plus licenses. Normally Apex use cases include use of one or more Plus license features. 

View solution in original post

To add to what Marvin said (+5 from me), if you want to use the AnyConnect (4.x) Client with the build-in Posture Agent then you also have to add AnyConnect Apex licenses. If you just want to use the NAC Agent then no additional licenses are needed.

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Posture check (your second requirement) requires the Apex license.

The other requirements can be met with Base licensing.

So you need Base licenses equal to (or greater than) the total number of anticipated active sessions. Add onto that Apex licenses equal to (or greater than) the total number of employees sessions that may be active at a given time.

If you're doing profiling, device registration for BYOD, pxGrid or Endpoint Protection Services you would also need Plus licenses. Normally Apex use cases include use of one or more Plus license features. 

To add to what Marvin said (+5 from me), if you want to use the AnyConnect (4.x) Client with the build-in Posture Agent then you also have to add AnyConnect Apex licenses. If you just want to use the NAC Agent then no additional licenses are needed.

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Thanks Neno!

+5 for reminding us of the AnyConnect Apex license requirement for greatest functionality.

If we want to do machine AND user authentication (EAP chaining) we also need that supplicant.

Thanks alot Marvin and Neno .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card