Issue Upgrading 4110 FTD from 6.5.0.3-3 to 6.5.0.4-57

ChuckMcF
Level 1
Level 1

Platform: single Firepower 4110 firewall

Current FXOS Version: 2.7(1.106)

Current FMC Version: 6.5.0.3-3

Current FTD Version: 6.5.0.3-3

We're trying to upgrade FTD from 6.5.0.3-3 to 6.5.0.4-57. After attempting to install or push the 6.5.0.4-57 image we get an error stating, "No valid appliances available for Cisco FTD Patch 6.5.0.4-57. This update is intended for software versions greater than or equal to 6.5.0 and less than 6.5.0.4-57." (see attached for more info).

Any suggestions on how to move forward with this? I've searched to see if there are known bugs and haven't found any.

TIA,

ChuckMcF

8 Replies 8

star1
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

I had this issue in the past but i had to reinstall the image and install the higher version, but i was lucky the devices weren't on the production at the time, but your situation might be different.  

starsulaiman21266,

I just verified that I found the solution. Hold your hat for this technical wonder...I uninstalled the FTD file that was uploaded into FMC, deleted that file from my computer, downloaded from Cisco again, MD5 verified the image, uploaded the new download to FMC and this time it installed. Admittedly this was a weird one but it's working now.

If anyone else runs into this issue, when everything seems right, instead of troubleshooting for several hours like I just did you might just want to try to download and install the file again.

ChuckMcF

anparash
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Me too is facing same issue. Would be great if anyone can please help and suggest?

Try downloading the file again and verifying the verifying the MD5 hash. I know it's odd but downloading it a second time worked for me.

HTH,

Chuck McFadden

Manpreet24
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @ChuckMcF 

What I can understand the issue could be with you were trying to upgrade FTD with higher version than FMC is although it is minor but still it is highly recommended to have FMC must be on equal or higher version than FTD. 

I have just recently upgraded the FMC to 6.5.0.4 and going to upgrade FTD in coming week. 

Thank you for your response however it really was just a bad image file. Once reinstalled everything worked as expected.

We have since added a new 4110 for active/standby redundancy and are running 6.6.x. If you haven't migrated yet I would recommend considering it. The UI has been changed and looks a little like DNAC now. The deployment function has a very nice feature as well where you can easily verify the firewall changes you are going to deploy before actually deploying them.

Have a great day,

Chuck McFadden

--please mark helpful posts as helpful--

So i have removed the ftd file and downloaded it freshly from cisco website and uploaded to FMC. In my case FMC is 7 version and FTD 6.7. I am trying to upgrade FTD to 7 through FMC but getting below error. This is something different as i have FMC with PLR license. But i am unable to upgrade FTD. Any advise by experts?

Currently running software version: 7.0.0

Currently installed VDB version: build 343 ( 2021-05-21 01:06:50 )

Type Version Date Reboot
Cisco Vulnerability And Fingerprint Database Updates 343 Fri May 21 01:08:25 UTC 2021 No Install
Cisco FTD SSP FP1K Upgrade 7.0.0-94 Tue May 25 19:50:06 UTC 2021 Yes Push or Stage update Install

Firepower Management Center
System / Updates / Upload Update

1.JPG

@anparash what is the target FTD device type?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card