Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues with passing traffic from Polycom via Cisco 1812

Erik Jacobsen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are trying to get a video conference system (POLYCOM) up running.  Thrue a Cisco 1812 router with Firewall feature set.

I  Have heard in the past that there should be issues with Polycom and Cisco, but have actually never seen it.

I can establish a video call from inside the 1812 to outside.

But when I try from outside to the public ip adress there is nattet to, then it reach the video system and die straight after, so there is never any video session set up.

I have tried to remove everything regarding firewall feature and passing true, so the only thing the 1812 should do is NAT. And still the same.

I can not see anything in the log on the router from the ACL's where I permittet everything, other then it connect on the port TCP 1720, as it should.

This is the software I'm running on the router:

Cisco IOS Software, C181X Software (C181X-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(15)T3, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

When I search Google, it look like there is a lot issues with Cisco and Polycom, but I have not found any concret solution.

Other then I should use a ADSL line with a public IP address.  As we probably is going to do.

Any pointers would be great.

Thanks,

Erik

6 Replies 6

varrao
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Erik,

I remember a similar case that i troubleshooted earlier, with the polycom device. On the polycom device you need to select the option for NAT through firewall and after selecting it and assigning the correct Public ip of your server, it started working fine. and on the ASA you need the inspection for h323 and h225 tarffic as well. Try this and let me know.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Varun

Thanks,
Varun Rao

Hi,

If I have turned off the Firewall feature set, so the router is only doing NAT, will I still need the H323 and H225.  So in other words I need to turn on my Inspect rules again.?

So on the Polycom equipment you will need to tell it that it will go thrue NAT?

Best regards,

Erik Jacobsen

Hi Erik,

That's correct, you would need the inspection as well as enable the option in Polycom.

Thanks,

Varun

Thanks,
Varun Rao

Hi Varun,

I have just got confirmed that we have from day 1. have enable on the polycom that it is going thrue NAT.

And before we began to troubleshoot, H323 and H225 was enable on the router. But it still did not work.

Polycom told us to remove the H323 and H225 or else it would not work, so we did that. And it still did not work.

So it look like it most be something else.

I have also done a lot of search around, and I have actually not found anyone there have confirmed that it works

Best regards,

Erik

Hi Erik,

I would suggest you to open a tac case for it for detailed investigation, the settings that I had provided you were for ASA , m not sure about the firewall feature set.

Thanks,

Varun

Thanks,
Varun Rao

Hi Varun,

Thats fine.

Since it is running with one of our customers, and there is no shared support on this.

We will try and do a bit of testing on a different router, with the same software.

So we agree that there is no easy solution.

But I will gladly hear from anyone else there actually got this to work.

Best regards,

Erik

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card