Views
Helpful
Replies

License for 525 replacement

gkumar1979
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I got my PIX down with UR license I asked my vendor to repalce the pix btu how can I get the UR license for the new PIX. WHile tere is no RMA raised to cisco.

Kindly help me in the procedure to get the new license without opening a TAC case with Cisco.

1 Reply 1

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Gaurav,

There are several platform licenses , Restricted (R ) , Unrestricted (UR), Failover (FO), and Failover Active/Active (FO-A/A) , each providing different types features benefits. I am providing a link bellow to give you details of these,.

You have to make sure the vendor provides you with same UR specifications otherwise you will need to purchase UR license if you get something deferent. For example (UR ) provides more features than a Restricted( R ) firewall see link bellow and you can make the choice depending on your current firewall deployment , in most cases when buying PIX they come as UR but if you do not specify the vendor that you need UR they may send you a ( R ) Restricted firewall.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_data_sheet09186a00800b0d85.html

HTH

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card