cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Licensing for ASA with FTD Image

shannong
Level 4
Level 4

Hi. Converting some ASA 5500-X appliances to the consolidated FTD image and found plenty of resource for that. What I can't find is licensing/subscription info for ASA w/FTD image. What SKUs are associated with Threat Protection, AMP, URL, etc. for ASA w/FTD?

I already checked the "Network Security Ordering Guide", and it covers everything but this situation.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sorry - you are correct those part numbers are for Firepower service modules.

For an ASA running FTD image, the part numbers are like "L-ASA5516T-TMC-1Y". Note the "T" appended to the model number. The third section could be "T" (Threat only), "TM" (Threat and Malware), "TC" (Threat and URL), "AMP" (Malware) or "URL".

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Some models are past end-of-sales so you cannot order new subscriptions for them. For the ones that are still sold, the part number is like "L-ASA5508-TAMC-1Y". The scheme is L for license, then ASA 55xx model number, then the code for which licenses you need (T = Threat, M = Malware, C = URL), then the duration in years.

I'm familiar with those licenses. But they apply to the FTD image on 5500s in addition to legacy ASA w/FPR?

Sorry - you are correct those part numbers are for Firepower service modules.

For an ASA running FTD image, the part numbers are like "L-ASA5516T-TMC-1Y". Note the "T" appended to the model number. The third section could be "T" (Threat only), "TM" (Threat and Malware), "TC" (Threat and URL), "AMP" (Malware) or "URL".

Yep. That was it. I looked all over and couldn't find that. Thanks!

You're welcome. I "cheated" and found the part numbers in the End of Sales announcement.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card