Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Location of Rules, VDB, GeoDB documentation on Cisco.com

With the old Sourcefire site, support.sourcefire.com, when you went to the Downloads tab and then the Rules, VDB, GeoDB tab, under Current Release there you had an option to not only download the current release but there was also a (See Documentation) link for the summaries of what the updates included.

With the move to Cisco.com where can I find that same documentation information?

Whenever I push out an update, I send an email to the IDS analysts informing them of what changes are included in the update.

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

kaustubhmhatre
Level 1
Level 1

I agree, I don't see any link on their official site but I was facing the same issue. I use the following link:

https://support.sourcefire.com/notices

The problem is that the Sourcefire site is not going to be updated before too long. 

I opened a case on this and the information is available on Cisco.com.  Mouseover the current rule or whichever rule you want to download, and then wait for a few seconds. A pop-up window will appear with the documentation link.

Nazmul Rajib
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jeffrey,

1. Go to the Downloads Home: https://software.cisco.com/download/navigator.html

2. Navigate to the Products > Security > Firewalls > Firewall Management > FireSIGHT Management Center.

3. Select a model. For example, FireSIGHT Management Center 4000.

4. On the left panel, select the desired product update. The following screenshot, for example, shows various types of products update on the left panel.

5. If you want to download the documentation for any rule updates, select Rules Updates, and hover your mouse over to a rule update release. A Detail popup window appears. You could find the links to the rule update documentation on the popup window. For example, please see the screenshot below:

Thanks,

Nazmul

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card