Views
Helpful
Replies

Lost all communication to IPS4240

Lee Redwood
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can you help please, i have two IPS4240's that keep losing all forms of communication. I cannot connect to them using IME, ssh or through the console port. This is a bit of a strange one as the only way i can get them to work again is to power them off and then back on again. i have set the bypass to auto in the event of a failure thankfully so users are not effected but it's frustrating as i have to keep rebooting the device when they do fails.  Do you know of any reason why this might keep happening. There is no pattern to when they fail, sometimes they could stay up for weeks or sometimes they will only last a few days. I should also mention that they don't fail together at the same time, totally separate at different times.

Any ideas please.

Thanks

Lee

2 Replies 2

Scott Fringer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Lee;

There could be various reasons this is occurring (software crash, severe oversubscription, etc) , though it will take log review better understand.  It would be best to open a service request with TAC and provide the full output of the 'show tech' command issued from the CLI.

Scott

Thanks Scott,

I'll open a TAC request.

Cheers

Lee

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card