cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mail loopback

mikeschietinger
Level 1
Level 1

Ok so, I have an ASA acting as a firewall for a bunch of hosted servers, includig a bunch of Small Business servers. Each customer server is on its own vlan and are trunked into the asa. My office mail server is on the inside interface.

Outside   xxx.xxx.xxx.162  

Inside 192.168.1.0 =vlan1 my mail server at 192.168.1.5

trunk10 192.168.10.0 =vlan10 pat/nat to xxx.xxx.xxx.163

trunk20 192.168.20.0 =vlan20 pat/nat to xxx.xxx.xxx.164

trunk30 192.168.30.0 =vlan30 pat/nat to xxx.xxx.xxx.165

etc

pat/nat rules are set up so that each customer has their own public ip for services they are running (https/mail mostly)

I've got some other stuff going on but thats the key config.

Everything works great except that hosted customers cant send me emails and viseversa as well as inter-customer. I understand why thats not allowed but I need to get it to work in a scaleable way with out something crazy. Best I can tell I either need to route inter-customer mail internally and do a bunch on the exchange/dns side, ot get the asa to allow traffic on port 25 between the outside interface IPs.

Also if something above is totally jacked up let me know.

Thanks in advance

Mike Schietinger

1 Reply 1

mikeschietinger
Level 1
Level 1

I hate to bump a thread but I'm hoping someone has some idea of the "right way" to route mail between my vlans

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card