I'm trying to understand the different modes to access FDM of a FTD 6.5 failover cluster running on two ISA 3000 devices:
- I can access the primary IP of any data-interface as long as I have enabled access on this interface and the packets for this connection reach the FTD on the specific data-interface
- I can not access the primary IP of data-interface A when the connection comes in on data-interface B
- I can connect to the management IP when I have a cable connected to the management port and the management interface is configured to use a dedicated gateway
Which is not working is:
- Connect to a secondary IP (and thus to the standby node) of any data-interface even access to this data-interface is enabled
- Connecting to the management IP when there is no cable connected to the management port but gateway is configured to use data-interfaces. This applies for both nodes (active and standby).
I need your help:
How can I connect to both nodes (e.g. for updates) without wiring the management port?
Any help is appreciated!