Views
Helpful
Replies

Management through the FMC

Hannibal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi to the best community of internet

Community, please allow me to ask this combo question I would like to know the answer:

1.) An ASA device without Firepower Services can be managed through the FMC?

2.) A Firepower chassis with ASA image can be managed through the FMC? It would be wonderful to have a Firepower device with an ASA image and to be able to manage it through the FMC, through the ASDM and through the ASA image CLI simultaneously

Kindly

Hannibal L.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No, you can't manage your Firepower 2130 with ASA image via FMC. You can manage your FirePower services module on your ASA   using FMC, but FMC will only manage that FirePower component. The ASA running ASA code cannot be managed by FMC.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

rcullum
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

No, you cannot manage an ASA through FMC:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/firesight-management-center/datasheet-c78-736775.html

If you want centralized management of ASAs, there is/was Cisco Security Manager. Otherwise, use the cli/ASDM to manage your ASA.

By the way, using FMC for FirePower also means you can't use the ASDM equivalent FDM either. With FirePower devices, the graphical management interface is FMC or FDM - can't be both.

Thank very much Rcullum for your answer, also to Rob answer

You mean that I cannot add my Firepower 2130 with ASA image to be managed through the FMC?? And also I cannot add my ASA device with Firepower services to be managed through the FMC??

Regards

No, you can't manage your Firepower 2130 with ASA image via FMC. You can manage your FirePower services module on your ASA   using FMC, but FMC will only manage that FirePower component. The ASA running ASA code cannot be managed by FMC.

Thank you very much!!!

It seemed too good to me that I could do this..

Kindly

Hannibal

@Hannibal unfortunately no the FMC cannot manage the ASA image at all. The ASA image can also be managed via the cloud based solution, CDO in addition to ASDM or CLI.

Thank very much Rob for your answer, also to rcullum answer

You mean that I cannot add my Firepower 2130 with ASA image to be managed through the FMC?? And also I cannot add my ASA device with Firepower services to be managed through the FMC??

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card