Views
Helpful
Replies

Managing Memory and config problems with pix 520

jldediego
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all.

I'm having problems with configuring some identical pix 520. We had available 4 pix. Two work right when configuring them, but the other two we're not able to make them work, with identical configuration and communications enviroment for testing all four.

The machines were second hand, so we had to change the password, but we didn't change the activation key. They were beeing used for ipsec (two as failover units).

We have made actualizations of the software as well in some cases, downgrading the software again to the original software in other cases, without changing the activation key never, but that don't solve the problems neither.

Even we have erase the flash (write erase) and installing the software again but didn't work at all.

We're configuring them with nat, global and conduits, and when we enter '# conf mem', we're responded:

pixfirewall(config)# conf mem

Duplicate NAT entry

Config Error -- route outside 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.x.x 1

Config Failed

Then we try to erase the two entries in terminal configuration, (no nat ..., no route...) reenter the commands (when clean) again, and make write memory, but it didn't work.

So I don'tknow what's on. What am I doing wrong?,and is ther any document concerning to structure and managing pix memory?

Greetings and thanks in advance.

Jose Luis De Diego.

1 Reply 1

jldediego
Level 1
Level 1

Here I'm again.

Before any one could respond to my message, I've solved the problem, though I can't say exactly how. Sorry for that.

Bye until the next time.

Jose Luis De Diego.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card