cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Maximum security context for ASA 5510 security plus?

maitantruc
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 ASAs 5510 with security plus license and each supports 5 security context in maximum. Now they are configured to run in Active/active mode. now I think that this cluster supports 10 security context in maximum. It's right?

thanks in advance

2 Replies 2

ethiel
Level 3
Level 3

Unfortunately, it's the opposite. When you run a pair in active/active, they use 2 contexts per chassis. This is because an active/active setup is actualy 2 seperate active/standby pairs, with 1 active on each chassis.

With 5 contexts per chassis, you can do 2 sets of active/active, and one active/standby pair max.

I personally would use them as 5 active/standby pairs, with one chassis active for 3 of them, and the other chassis active for 2.

-Eric

hi eric can u pls tell me if i buy 2 asa 5510 with security plsu license then will i get 2 security context by default and will they support active/active failover and 2 webvpn license by default. can u pls help me. it iwll help me in buying it.

regards

sebastan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: