Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrate Firepower from low end model to high end model

sky wong
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All;

May I know, What is the procedure for migrating the old firepower model to the new firepower model?

scenario:

Firepower ASA5506X managed by FMC needs to migrate to 1010 or another model

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@sky wong it's pretty straight forward as you are using the FMC to manage the 5506-X. Configure the mgmt interface on the 1010, import the device into the FMC, define the interfaces settings and then deploy the already configured policies (ACP, NAT, Platform settings etc).

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

@sky wong it's pretty straight forward as you are using the FMC to manage the 5506-X. Configure the mgmt interface on the 1010, import the device into the FMC, define the interfaces settings and then deploy the already configured policies (ACP, NAT, Platform settings etc).

I think the work divide into two part'

We here talk about fpr1010 which I think support fxos' 

So work done first in fxos 

Then all other work done in fmc

You cannot skip fxos and go direct to fmc 

@MHM Cisco World no, it's a 1000 series not 4100/9300 (where you have to configure chassis settings in FXOS).

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/quick_start/fp1010/firepower-1010-gsg/ftd-fmc.html

It have fxos but differ than 9300/4100' it limit.

Check guide above 

@MHM Cisco World all FPR hardware has FXOS, the 4100/9300 have more advanced options and you use FXOS to setup interface, port channel, multi instance etc but not with the 1000 series. The 1000 series has very basic FXOS settings. For the initial setup you don't need to configure anything in FXOS, you connect to the FTD and define the mgmt IP address information (as stated in the original response).

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card