Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrating 30+ Palo Alto Firewalls to Cisco FTD 3100

Ronak Vyas
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,
I have an opportunity to migrate 30+ Palo Alto firewalls, which are all different HW models, to Cisco Secure Firewall 3110 and 3120 series units along with FMC 4600.
What should be the best approach to go about planning and approaching this task?

If the PA firewalls are being managed by a Panorama instance, can we export FW configs for specific desired PA firewall units?

If the Panorama instance creates one central config backup file, can we use that backup file to migrate configs for a specific pair of Cisco FTDs?

I'm gathering details on the current network setup with PA firewalls connected to understand the interfaces, policies and named objects created.
@Aditya Ganjoo I'd appreciate your insights and tips here! Thank you!

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/migration-tool/migration-guide-pan/pan2threat-defense-with-the-migration-tool.html

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card