Views
Helpful
Replies

Migration from Fortigate to Cisco FTD

amrahmed01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi , 

I need your help for configuration migration from Fortigate FW to Cisco FTD as i have more 500 objects and alot oof nating rules and it's very dificult to do it manually.

kindly advice

Regards,

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sorry but there is no tool available for doing this.

Unfortunately manual conversion is the only option (short of writing a program or script yourself).

Hi Marvin,

FTD managed by FMC and it is GUI based. can you please provide guideline on how to apply converted LINA based configuration to FTD?

is it possible using Flex Config?

Thanks

You said you're converting from Fortigate to FTD. How is it that you have an ASA (Lina) configuration to convert?

If you do have an ASA configuration, you can use the FTD Migration tool (a dedicated FMC that only servers to load and convert an ASA configuration).

FlexConfigs are only used to implement a small subset of commands that are not available from the FMC GUI directly. They are not used for direct cli configuration. All FTD policies must be created and deployed from the GUI (generally FMC or, for local management on some platforms, FDM).

I think Fortinet forums can provide a Fortigate to ASA converter.

But this will not make it any easier as I expect config errors and bumps. I would also do it manually.
For the record what were top three reasons to migrate?
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card